Old 18-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , JohnOGroats
writes

Anyone had success in swapping cuttings by post. What is the best way
to do it? I am thinking of wrapping roots in kitchen roll and posting
wrapped in plastic.

Anyone else up to swapping house plant cuttings?

--
JohnOGroats

I've done it for years, much to the consternation of the recipients as I
usually put far too many in my parcels

I wash roots if possible so I don't send bugs/disease to anyone and it's
lighter. Then I wrap wet kitchen towel round the roots then cling film
with top open.
They then go in horizontally to a box and I use up all my Tesco or
Waitrose plastic bags to pas everything out.
Worked okay up till now though Kay and Jill bell got a bit wary of
agreeing to accept more 'presents' after a while

I try to post later in the day and on cool days so the plants go as
quickly as possible and aren't left lying around in heat.
Always put label inside cling film if identity of plant not immediately
obvious. I've sent really tiny cuttings this way.
janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph