Old 18-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Michael Persiano

John:

I would wager that the trees died from a root zone problem other than root rot--one most likely induced through extremely cold winter conditions. If the roots incurred frequent freeze-thaw cycles, that would explain their death.

I know how painful it is to lose cherished bonsai. I am sorry for your loss, but I recommend that you begin again.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
http://members.aol.com/iasnob/Pinebook.html