Old 18-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Popcorn Lover

"Gideon" wrote :

We've had catnip for 30 years and it has endured our cats and
neighbors cats. Nothing kills it. We wack it back severely
every fall and it regenerates every Spring and endures another
growing season's worth of abuse from the many cats who visit
our herb garden. Ours has never grown very tall, but it
appears that it would spread out to horizontally to infinity
if we allowed it.

I'd suggest one of two things:
1) Let the cats enjoy it and let the plant adapt.
2) Toss some moth balls on the ground around the catnip
if you are into catnip but not into cats.

In either case, you should be relatively pleased. Catnip is a
very hardy plant.

Ah, they don't like mothballs? I actually planted the catnip for
the fun of seeing them come and enjoy it, but not before it grows
well enough so they don't kill it.

--
- Popcorn Lover
If you love popcorn too, there are no popcorn groups on usenet