Old 18-07-2005, 05:08 PM
pixi

You are absolutely right. Something,:in fact lots of things, will show up
in a wild pond sooner or later. Turtles, snakes, salamanders or newts. And
quite possibly fish carried in on bird legs or whatever. But not fish in
most ponds in the wild. I understand there is a walking catfish in Florida.

I live a long way from Texas.

"dt" wrote in message
pixi wrote:

I'm sorry to disagree with you but many, many pond never had fish. Where

live there are ponds all over the place that never, ever had a fish.

They
are there to water livestock.

"gene" wrote in message
roups.com...

The ponds that have fish in the wild are the ones whose fish didn't
die. The ponds that don't have fish are the ones whose fish did die. If
you could replicate the first, you would be fine, but how can you know
that you are not replicating the second?

I'm just curious; whereabouts do you live, pixi? Around here (Texas),
if you dig a hole and it fills
with water, *something* will wind up populating it, even if it never
connects to another body of water.
Fish (minnows, mostly) seem to show up, whether as eggs on birds' legs,
skipping across the pasture,
or maybe spontaneous generation, I don't know. ;-)

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/