Old 18-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Totty

Mike Lyle wrote:

And, of course, in Spain some seem to think that Pepsi-Cola
encourages digestion "because it contains pepsin". I'd love to see
somebody swallow a glass of soft-drink delicately flavoured with
somebody else's digestive juices, that's all I can say.

2 litres of Pepsi is the favoured septic tank starter around here..

I'd also like to see the digestive tract which could break down
pollen (actually, I take that back: I wouldn't).

Is pollen hard to digest? Amino acids, carbohydrate and trace minerals
do sound a fairly inoccuous mixture.

My unexpressed mockery, however, was mainly aimed at the idea that
there could be such a thing as bee pollen.

Pedantic (I love pedants) point taken :0), but it surely distinguishes
pollen bee-handled into those dinky little bags that survive being
packed into 250gm jars at =803.50 a throw, from pollen lovingly
collected from flowers by someone with a dolls house sized dustpan and
brush....I wonder what those leg sacs are made of? Do they contain the
elixir of life...?

--
Jo