Old 18-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

chris French wrote:

Note that Peaches like to have a cold period in the winter to get
properly chilled and go properly dormant, and can be prone to things
like Red Spider Mite and other pests if grown all year round under
glass. Just something to consider esp. if you use the greenhouse for
other things over the winter.

however , growing them in pots works well. Plants are brought under
cover in mid to late winter. Then put back out the next summer.

I've had a look at the Bob Flowerdew article in the magazine now and it
does seem like pots are the way to go. (And if it becomes too much
hassle, then I assume we could plant them in the greenhouse bed later.)

Thanks everyone for your help.

Rhiannon