Old 18-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Rhiannon Macfie Miller" wrote after Bob Hobden wrote:

Garlic should be planted outside in September/October and if so will now
be hanging in the shed as mine are.

I planted spring planting garlic in April, and I wouldn't have thought it
would be ready yet. The tips are just turning yellow now.

Garlic should be planted in Sept/Oct not the spring and will grow throughout
the winter if the weather is above freezing.

Yes, I know. But I couldn't plant it in Sept/Oct, as I wasn't living
here then (see some of my earlier posts on this group). So I ordered a
variety that the catalogue said was for spring planting and would be
ready at the end of the summer. I'll dig it up in a month or so and see
what I've got, and plant some autumn-planting garlic in the autumn.

Rhiannon