Old 18-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Matt Durkin

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , keith ;-) ?@?.?
writes
Don't you find top posting easier to read,I click reply to post ,type my

message & click send! its that easy.

Whatever your preference, the convention in this ng is 'bottom' or in-
line posting, with appropriate snipping, which allows you to answer each
point as it is made.

You are wrong saying hardness/softness is of no importance to plants.Most
if
not all plants would prefer rain water obviously to tap water.

I'm not sure it's necessarily that obvious, or 'most if not all'.

The OP was
referring to nepanthes & orchids which definitely prefer
rainwater,hard/alkaline water can lock up important minerals,so the plant
would suffer over time.

--
Kay

Posting etiquette aside, anyone know how to soften tapwater? ;O)
Defrosting freezer - mine doesn't frost up ever.
Letting tapwater stand - doesn't actually soften it.
Brittas filter - apparently does sod all as far as plants are concerned.
Iron water - never heard of it - what is it, and where can it be purchased.
I wonder if it's the same as car battery water. I had a pitcher plant that I
watered with this a few years ago. Maybe I should look into that again. I
thought it was rather expensive for water, and I wasn't entirely sure if it
was suitable...
Matt