Old 19-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Martin

Default Chalky white specs and red dots on Juniper

Hello all,
I have a juniperus squatmata that I have noticed has many chalky white
deposits on the scales (mainly on secondary branches, and generaly one
deposit per scale.) Upon closer inspection (and to my shock horror) I have
also noticed many tiny red dots dispersed across the juniper and hiding
under the bark and scales. I have just eradicated a black fly colony also on
this plant (using a pyrethrum spray).

Please any help in regards to the white specs and red mites whould be
appreciated. A systemic insecticide for the mites perhaps?

Thanks - Martin.

Notes: Is Mid-Late winter here averaging 15-6 deg C (59-42 deg F), South
Eastern Australia
Juniper is in a 1.5 inch X 12 inch bonsai pot, coarse free draining bonsai
soil, well fertilised with seaweed derived liquid fertiliser (Seasol) once
every 3 weeks. Situated outdoors in full sun on a bench.