Old 19-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Gareee©

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Something I hadn't considered, is if there something the water lettuce
exudes that kills algae. That's really the only major change in the
pond's
ecosystem that has occurred in the last week or so.

It's a good thought, I think most of us just figured the lettuce out
competes the algae for nutrients. ~ jan

I have a hard time believing a very small amount though would effect such a
dramatic a change in such a short time period.

I'll report what I see in the smaller pond (there's a larger amount in there
proportionately, and if I do see an effect, maybe water lettuce could be the
"magic bullet" for green water?

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm