Old 19-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Frank Knight

Decent tractor for the price, and made by AYP, same manufacturer as
Craftsman (Sells as the GT5000 and GT 6000), but let me suggest the
Hydroautomatic version which Lowes also has, it's much faster to use. See
also www.mytractorforum.com for a frequent discussion of these tractors.
It's not enough tractor for 12 acres, suggest a Compact Utility Tractor or
Sub Compact to maintain the whole grounds. The Sub CUT JD2210 or Kubota bx
series would also let you do the yard easily.
"Gus" wrote in message
HI:
I am looking at a Husqvarna GT2554 garden tractor to buy and use on my
12 acres. This is a 22hp, 54" deck model, 6 speed/hi-lo range.

If you have experience with this brand of mower/tractor or any model
of Husqvarna please let me know you opinion.

The one repair shop in this area says these are unreliable. But then
he also says he stopped selling them because they 'screwed him', no
explination. Sounds like sour grapes.

Thanks,
Gus