Old 19-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Alan Walker

Buttermilk, which is more widely available than coconuts
in most parts of the world, is a good substitute for your moss
medium.
Alan Walker

From: Dogma Discharge
Sure you can, I'm not sure about the commercial scale though but
you can try the following:
Let's say you wanted to cover a piece of bark/driftwood or
whatever surface with moss. Take the moss sample and break it up
into little pieces. Buy a coconut from the grocery store and
drain the milk out into a spray bottle. Spray whatever surface
lightly with the coconut milk and then garnish with the little
pieces of moss. Insert driftwood/whatever into a plastic blown up
packet and seal it. Place in a position where it receives
UNdirect sunlight.

Coconut milk has natural plant growth hormones and soon enough
your moss will have covered whatever it is resting upon. All
thats left is to pour
your favourite coco alchoholic beverage, sit back and relax and
watch the
moss grow
Kind Regards
Cameron