Old 19-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Doug Kanter

"Warren" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
They decompose just fine, but like all other vegetable matter, they'll
break down faster if you cut them into smaller chunks. Just use your
regular chef's knife to chop them up. They'll be slippery, though, so be
careful. This is a good time to REALLY sharpen your chef's knife, if
you've been putting it off for 19 years.

Personally, I wouldn't use my good chef's knives to cut corn cobs any more
than I'd use them to prune a tree.

Why? I use mine to slice through whole chickens, and after a touch-up with
the steel, it's ready to go again. It's a Wusthoff classic. If yours are
bothered (much) by corn cobs, is it possible you're putting too fine an edge
on it? And edge more appropriate to a filet knife than a general purpose
chef's knife?