Old 19-07-2005, 11:10 AM
John

In article ws.net,
"Oxymel of Squill" wrote:

astonishingly a hefty crop in the new raised bed. But what now? Do I have
to lift them and store (in my old fridge, only proper dark place I have), or
can I leave them in the ground? If so, do I take the green stuff away or
just leave it?

tia

In my experience, the longer they stay in the ground the more slug
damage results. If this is a crop of earlies, I'd use them as needed
from the ground for a month or so, but immediately cut all foliage off
as soon as you see any signs of blight. Once this happens you may as
well lift them all and keep in a paper sack in a dark cool place.

John