Old 19-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Sacha

On 19/7/05 11:12, in article
, "
wrote:

I'm in the process of laying a new patio and myself and my partner
can't agree on what colour pointing to use.
The paving is Marshalls Chancery paving in Honeydew colour which is a
buff/blonde/yellowish colour. The design of the paving edges
neccessitates a 1-2cm gap between each slab.
I think we should go with a dyed dark colour to contrast with the
paving but she thinks we should use a buff colour similar to the colour
of the paving or use a natural grey mortar colour.
Any suggestions?

All this is personal taste but I'm with your partner. I think the unbroken
line of one colour will be more harmonious and soothing. The darker
pointing will give a 'busy, chopped up' effect - less relaxing to the eye
and after all, sitting on the patio is all about relaxation. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk