Old 19-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Jim Lewis

Mark Hill - President, EESiFlo Inc. wrote:
I've read that soaking willow shoots in a bucket of water results in a good
rooting medium.
Something in willow shoots that's a natural rooting hormone.
Does anyone know if it's possible to mash a bunch of new willow branches in
a big bucket to create your own rooting hormone ?

I ask this because I'm creating a new garden in my back yard here in
Pennsylvania with HUGE boulders as accents.
Unfortunately, the boulders don't have that aged look, and I was considering
covering them with a thin layer of dirt and trying to force moss to grow on
them. As usual, I'm looking for a shortcut.

PS ..... I have an unlimited source of willow trees on a creek bank.

It's true about the willow bark, but since moss doesn't have
roots . . . . :-)

Anyway, just dig up a couple of handsfull of moss from the
woods somewhere, smear and mash it over the tops of the
rocks, then keep the rocks moist and fairly shady and you
will have moss.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Where
everything that doesn't move is mossy -- and even some
moving objects (tortoises).

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++