Old 19-07-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Bell Pepper plants look terrible

My bell pepper plants look awful. They did look good very early and
now lots of the leaves are turning yellow and that first pepper that I
saw a few weeks ago has shrivelled up. The only thing I can think of
is too much water. There is a horizontal line in my garden that seems
to accumulate too much water and the peppers are in that line.

The tomato plants at the top of the upgrade or downgrade are as big as
can be, over 6 feet, while the tomoto plants in the same row as the
peppers look much smaller, even though they were planted later and
they are plum tomatoes instead of the Beefsteaks or big Boys up on
top.

I think I definately have a water problem retention problem, as there
is sand in the soil. What do you think. From very hot and wet Long
Island.

alan