Old 19-07-2005, 11:16 PM
CK

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message
Brian wrote:
I have the day off tomorrow, and have now found out that I won't be
doing what I expected to do (waiting in for a delivery).

As a result, I though I might visit a garden for inspiration (as of
last weekend ours is now just bare earth). Can anyone suggest a
garden worth visiting in West Sussex?

Brian (who is new to this gardening lark)

Can't off the top of my head. But there's always the National Trust. See
http://tinyurl.com/ajou9 for a few in Sussex. That cottage looks a good
one. Or there's the Yellow Book Scheme (which doesn't appear to have a
website).

Hope that helps

Sarah

The National Gardens Scheme (who produce the 'Yellow Book') most definitely
DO have a website

http://www.ngs.org.uk

It gives a searchable database of all the gardens that open for the Scheme.

My father opened his wonderful garden 'Cobblers' in Crowborough, East Sussex
for over 30 years for the scheme, until the last opening last summer when he
was aged 91.
Sadly he died in December and the house is now for sale. We hope that
whoever buys the house will love the garden as much as he did while he was
creating it and enjoying it.
Although he didn't really understand how it worked, he was still very proud
that his garden was on the internet!! Whenever he came to visit us, he would
struggle upstairs to our computer and we would have to show him that it was
still on the screen!!

Gardeners are a determined breed!

Bless him: I will miss him and his knowledge and enthusiasm for plants for a
long time.

I wonder if anyone from the group has visited 'Cobblers' in the last 30
years??

Chris in Somerset.