Old 20-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Gill Passman

"Gary John" wrote in message
Peter,

Thanks for the reply. The snake is silver/yellow has black hoops and is
quite long, approx 12/14 inches, any ideas - Where do I "seek help"
Thanks
Gary

"2pods" wrote in message

"Gary John" wrote in message
Hi group,

I have been recommended to post here from a fellow member.
I have a goldfish pond in the back garden here in the south west of
England and found a long snake in there last night.
Will this scare or harm my goldfish and, if so, what can I do about it
please?

Sounds like like a Grass snake. Is it green ?
If so, they eat frogs and toads and fish.
Adders (or Vipers) which are poisonous are shorter and fatter, and have
black markings.
If you're not sure seek help

Peter

Certainly doesn't sound idigenous to the UK....I'd suggest calling the RSPCA
or a local zoo....sounds like an escapee

Gill