Old 20-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Broadback

Cat(h) wrote:
I am a newcomer to courgette growing, and found seeds earlier this year
which produce a round shaped courgette (as opposed to the usual long
shape).
I now have five fabulously healthy plants, spreading out by the hour,
and each has a very large number of flowers now deleloping at the base.
Should I take some of the flowers out to maximise crop, or should I
leave things well alone? If I have to take some out, should I wait
till they start to form a fruit, or should I take them out before that?
Thanks for any help!

Cat(h)
The world swirls...

If the flowers have the embryonic courgettes at the end leave, if not
they are male, therefore useless :-), pick off. Use the courgettes while
they are small, a friend cooks the babies in oil complete with the
flower, claims they are delicious, though I have never tried it myself.

--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.