Old 20-07-2005, 05:13 PM
JoeT

"Noozer" wrote in message
news:KadDe.275319$El.194375@pd7tw1no...
The obvious comment here would be...

If you don't know where the wiring/plumbing is for your sprinkler system
is, how would the cable company know? Considering the size of the wiring,
it would be very easy to break a wire and not even know about it.

...and an even more obvious question is...

Did the cable company even do any digging on your property?

(Came late into the thread so forgive me if I missed something)

Typically cable companies use subcontracted labor for installation work.,
Those guys come out with a cable loaded ditch witch and pretty much lay the
cable following whichever path uses the least amount of cable. They don't
follow easements in any fashion. So if the shortest path from your chosen
entry point to the box is diagonally across your entire back yard, that's
how they lay the cable.. Here they lay the cable around 6-8 inches deep, if
it's the same there I'd imagine it would be very easy for them to cut wiring
to a sprinkler valve.