Old 20-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Pam Moore

On 20 Jul 2005 06:02:05 -0700, "Cat(h)" wrote:

I am a newcomer to courgette growing, and found seeds earlier this year
which produce a round shaped courgette (as opposed to the usual long
shape).
I now have five fabulously healthy plants, spreading out by the hour,
and each has a very large number of flowers now deleloping at the base.
Should I take some of the flowers out to maximise crop, or should I
leave things well alone? If I have to take some out, should I wait
till they start to form a fruit, or should I take them out before that?
Thanks for any help!

Cat(h)

I grew some round courgettes a few years ago; a Marshall's trial if I
recall. I found they soon got tough with thick skin, hollow centre
full of seeds and not much flesh, so pick them young would be my
advice, then the plant can go on cropping.

Pam in Bristol