Old 20-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Pam Moore wrote:

I grew some round courgettes a few years ago; a Marshall's trial if I
recall. I found they soon got tough with thick skin, hollow centre
full of seeds and not much flesh, so pick them young would be my
advice, then the plant can go on cropping.

Whereas last year I grew "One-Ball", and found it to be highly
productive, and tasty and wonderfully tender at any size. The largest
ones, around 6" diameter, we baked with stew in the middle like
pumpkins, which was delicious too.

Sadly, this year, in a different garden, one plant has died and the
other hasn't got anywhere past three inches long....

Rhiannon