Old 20-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Sacha

On 20/7/05 15:06, in article , "Broadback"
wrote:

Cat(h) wrote:
I am a newcomer to courgette growing, and found seeds earlier this year
which produce a round shaped courgette (as opposed to the usual long
shape).
I now snip

If the flowers have the embryonic courgettes at the end leave, if not
they are male, therefore useless :-), pick off. Use the courgettes while
they are small, a friend cooks the babies in oil complete with the
flower, claims they are delicious, though I have never tried it myself.

The male flowers are the best for culinary purposes!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk