Old 20-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Doug Kanter

"Warren" wrote in message

There are so many variables, and you can't just start plugging values into
the equation, and solve it like it's a math problem. And even if you could
reduce the needs of a particular plant down to a theoretical number, that
doesn't address the delivery method. Fertilizer may not be the right way
to deliver those nutrients. Maybe compost is. Maybe repotting is. Maybe
different watering methods will allow nature to resolve the problem.

--
Warren H.

These are the things that make me scratch my head when people say gardening
helps them maintain their sanity. I find just the opposite, but it's a very
enjoyable form of insanity.