Old 20-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Reel Mckoi

"JoeT" noway@today wrote in message
This sounds like normal behavior for water hyacinth. The older outside

parts
of the plant will go soft and brown. I've always just removed those parts
and the rest of the plant has always grown (and multiplied exponentially)
and thrived. At least this has always been the way mine have behaved.

That doesn't happen to my WH until the cold days of fall start. They stay
mostly green and healthy looking all summer. They are removed to the
compost heap when they start to look sickly in the fall.

Maybe a difference in water or climate... ???!?!?!?!
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b