Old 21-07-2005, 02:51 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:44:40 GMT, " George" wrote:

I would shy away from introducing bacteria into your pond from a lake
simply because you don't know what bacteria you are introducing. You could
also introduce parasites. I use aquazyme, which works very well for me.
You should wait at least 21 days for the nitrogen cycle to run to
completion before introducing critters to your pond.

The nitrogen cycle changes with each additional critter. Takes much longer
without them for it to cycle, is my understanding. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~