Old 16-11-2002, 08:35 AM
Mike

Default Garden Lighting by Design

In article , Anne Jackson
writes
The message
from Mike contains these words:

Which was it for, the H.M.S.Collingwood Association Reunion, the British
Pacific and East Indies Fleets Reunion, the River Class Association
Reunion Dinner, the Fred Olson 'Black Prince' Cruise or the article
about the National Service (Royal Air Force) Association?

I have terrific feedback from the 'Letter to the Editors' I write to,
but I never know which paper has done which letter until I get feed back
and the person actually tells me which paper they saw it in.

There was a "Letter to the Editor" in the Perthshire Advertiser today,
something about "Did you serve on the Collingwood" but I didn't pay it
much attention......I'll have another look at it tomorrow, if you like?

Many thanks. I know which one that is thanks :-))

And to "Argos", I did try to answer your questions by email but it
bounced back, (you hide, I don't) so I will answer it here,

Yes I, or rather the Treasurers of the Associations keep Accounts and
inform the Inland Revenue.
No I, nor any of the committee members make any financial gain out of
the various Associations.
May I ask how much 'profit', or 'financial gain' you make from your
hobby?
And to any one else who think I am 'on the make', I ask one question...

"With such publicity, such public exposure, with such Constitutions for
the Associations, with so many committee members voted in at I & AGM's
and Accounts presented to the members, with so many people I have to
answer to . . . . . . . . How can I be 'On the make?'

I actually 'spend' my own money on my hobby, just as 99.99% of other
people spend on their hobby.

There has to be one disbelieving sod doesn't there?

*thinks* I wonder what fiddle he/she is on to judge others by him/her
self?

Mike

R.N.Shipmates, the system for finding those who have served in the Royal Navy