Old 21-07-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Watermelon growing slow

Hi,

I am trying to grow crimson sweet watermelon this year and the plant is
growing really slowly. Compared to the pumpkin and cucumber we planted
it is really lagging in its growth. We started with only 2 plants and
one died and the one that is still hanging in there had some problems
with wilting but it pulled through and now its growing ok but really
slowly and the stem is still fairly thin.

I am in Northern New Jersey and I started thes plants around the end of
may and transplanted them in early june.

I'd appreciate any tips and info on growing watermelons.

Thanks,
Steve