Old 11-02-2003, 07:55 PM
MadGardener

Default anyone else having NG problems?

"Valkyrie" wrote in
news:1044905768.591710@yasu

Is anyone missing random posts to this newsgroup? I have five

newsgroups on my reader but rec.gardens is the only one that seems to
have the odd post missing from this past week. I have to go into Google
to find the ones that don't show up. I checked my other NGs but they
are all complete. Verrrrrrrry strange. I didn't realize it was even
happening till my post to Paggers didn't show up. I posted it again and
then saw that there were replies to posts I didn't see either. When I
checked Google I had a double post to Paggers and there were about a
dozen or more that were missing from others in this group. Like I said,
I then went to my other NGs on Google to check but all of their posts
did show up on my reader. Curiouser and curiouser.

Val

I was so frustrated Valkyrie that I went to another newsgroup server
last night. I think this one will work out better. It doesn't use
Outlook express and BellSouth's newsgroups which for some reason last
night it was as if someone reached into my computer and erased
rec.gardens from my subscription box. it unnerved me. I was about to go
to bed when this crap happened (I was going to post to someone and when
I went from my inbox to wreck.gardens, it just disappeared and I got a
message that there was no such newsgroup...........) so I contacted the
tech support and they advised me to use Xnews.newsguy.com. I did.
Squire helped me to tweek and open it this morning and I'm happy
now......
madgardener