Old 21-07-2005, 06:37 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On 21 Jul 2005 05:53:35 -0700, "nortyler" wrote:

Can someone give me a rundown of the correct way to identify their
problem. I assume testing the water would be the first course of
action.

Yup, but it's too late now, unless they're still having troubles.

I suspect cleaning the filter made the ammonia spike. What they needed was
to be checking their water and the fish reactions after the cleaning. And
to have an ammonia locking chemical on-hand.

Now if they're still having trouble, it could be nitrites, an a little salt
will help there. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~