Old 21-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Oxymel of Squill

you can talk a bumble bee out of the window, I've done this several times,
'up a bit, left a bit, down a bit' to the astonishment of classes of kids.
It never works with wasps, I think they lack the brain cells

"Dave" wrote in message
Miss Perspicacia Tick writes
I love bumbles - it takes a great deal, I've found, to make them sting. In
fact, I have picked them up, in my cupped hands, to release them outside
when they have stumbled into the house. Had a buff-tail sit on my arm the
other day and it was very strokable (well they are, they're all velvety!)
have never been stung by one - obviously, stinging is a *very* last resort
as, obviously, it's suicidal.

Had about six of them appear on the lounge carpet over a period of a few
weeks, each looking pretty much finished. So I persuaded them to crawl
onto a bit of card, took them outside and put a blob of honey (normal
stuff from a jar) near them, watched them lap it up, clean themselves,
rev up, do a wobbly circuit and then buzz off. Very satisfying.
--
David