Old 21-07-2005, 10:08 PM
jaberwokie

Gus wrote:

HI:
I am looking at a Husqvarna GT2554 garden tractor to buy and use on my
12 acres. This is a 22hp, 54" deck model, 6 speed/hi-lo range.

If you have experience with this brand of mower/tractor or any model
of Husqvarna please let me know you opinion.

The one repair shop in this area says these are unreliable. But then
he also says he stopped selling them because they 'screwed him', no
explination. Sounds like sour grapes.

Thanks,
Gus

I compared this model and the Husky zero radius mower as well when
shopping for a new Lawn Tractor.
My opinion is that is run of the mill designed to throw away in five years.
I don't think I would try mowing 12 acres with it. It is way too slow
and only cuts54."
I would suggest a more expensive but practical solution. A John Deere
zero radius Commercial mower with a ground speed of at least 10 mph and
a 72 in deck. Husky does have a good commercial mower in that league.
Expect to pay from 5,700 to 7,200. Kubota among others offfers a diesel
for a little more.
I know it's a lot of money but it will last you 15 years or more with
correct maintenance. With 12 acres to mow with that little mower you are
asking about you will have to restart at the beginning when you reach
the end. You'll only have time for a sandwich and oil changes and trips
to buy fuel for the thing.