Old 22-07-2005, 04:45 AM
Lar

In article ,
says...
In article
says...
If it's a sizeable spider, and large, tough, web, it could be an orb
weaver of some sort. It looks like it has striped legs, and I've seen
quite a few photos on the above site of Argiopes and other orb weavers
with striped legs.

I'll assume its an orb spider and stay clear of it. It is rather
industrious. Yesterday it spun another web in almost the same spot. I
accidently damaged part of it and the poor spider was quick to repair
the damage and get back to business. I'm going to let it set up shop
and have that part of the garden from now on from 11pm till the next
morning. I have another closeup shot of its back.

http://www.brandylion.com/images/spider2.jpg

It is a garden orb weaver. They will take down all but a couple of main
strands of the web then rebuild each night. Follow the strands and you
can find where the spider is held up during the day.

--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS