Old 22-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Bourne Identity

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:43:24 GMT, "Rattus The RAT"
wrote:

Hey,

I got a nice cycad this spring and it's doing really well right now on my
patio, 13 new leaves came out this week (so fast!). Can these guys survive
freezing in winter? I live in Dallas, we get a few freezes every winter. I
would not like to bring it inside my apartment with all the bugs that might
live in that huge pot, also its kinda big! But I'd hate to lose it, its such
a great plant...

thanks

No, as the others said, you live in USDA Zone 7b, and depending on
where you live you could be in 7a but either way, sago palms are not
hardy there.

I live in south central Texas and they survive here, but a few winters
ago we had a frost which lasted 10 hours and did some in.