Old 22-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Roy

There are many sources of ordering such tanks online, but the killer
is shipping, as its large, light and takes up space and charges are
usually higher......normally these type tanks are nested or packed
with other tanks of various sizes to reduce shipping costs overall and
also help prevent shipping damages. If your local TSC can not get you
one or do not stock what you need, try most any ag supply, or Farmers
Co-Op. A excellent sourece on line, with a database of dealers that
you may find in your area is Behlen......they are a large supplier of
these type products and have a large distribution/ dealer coverage....

http://www.behlencountry.com/asp/cat...ater%20Tan ks

Are you intending on using this tank as a QT tank, bury it or what? I
may be better to go with a poly tank, as a lot of the medis if your
ever needing to use meds if for fish are not compatable with a metal
tank, and then you always have a potential for rust where it may get
scratched etc, but without knowing what your intended purpose is, it
would all be speculation......

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:09:09 -0400, "V.V."
wrote:

===Hello all-
===Another question. I tried to order a stock tank from Tractor Supply. I
===talked to a woman who said she'd order it and to check back in two weeks. I
===just checked and I'm not confident that she even knew who I was or ordered
===it since she just asked me to call back. Okay, bottom line...where else can
===we order these tanks and could they just be delivered to our homes? Here
===are the specs of what I'd like:
===
===METAL STOCK TANK
===Heavy galvanized corrugated sidewalls and extra heavy 20 gauge galvanized
===tank bottoms. Built to stand up under the most severe conditions.
=== DEPTH SIZE/STYLE CAPACITY
=== 2' 6 Round 395 Gals.
===
===
===I'm willing to get a plastic one also but not sure where to look . Any
===suggestions would be appreciated.
===
===Thanks
===Vince