Old 22-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Kay

In article , vsop
writes
I'm told that my new acid loving Blueberries (in containers) should be
watered only with rainwater......but in these dry conditions I no longer
have any !
My tap water is neutral ph, so, could I not make suitable non-limey liquid
by throwing a handful of ericaceous compost in a bucketful of tapwater and
letting it "stew" for a couple of days.
Would this have any detrimental effects on the plants ?
Does anyone see any problems, or can offer alternative advice.

Are you in a hard water area or a soft water area? If your tap water is
soft, then you will probably be OK.

If not, then de-frost your deep freeze and use the melted water from
that. It's not going to last you for very long though!

--
Kay