Old 22-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Doug Kanter

Thanks, Mathew. In prior years, it didn't matter because I also planted
early varieties. But I had limited space this year. Meanwhile, I have tons
of basil, and no tomatoes. The orgy must begin, but it requires tomatoes to
complete the equation. :-)

Did you know you could put pesto on everything, including cereal? :-)

"Mathew in the Mountains" wrote in message
ups.com...
No myth.... Prune heavily, especially those shoots that come out
between the main branch & the leaf @ a 45 degree angle. Sounds like
your cherry tom is 'indeterminate' which means it will flower till it
dies. By pruning new flowering shoots, you help the allready set fruit
to ripen faster.

Cheers
Mathew