Old 22-07-2005, 05:15 PM

growing the watermelon in the same ground that has grown cucumbers/squash
related plants for a # of years?

Nothing grew there except for grass. I dug up the grass and planted
the 2 watermelon in this spot by themselves. I had planted a dozen
seeds but I only got 2 to germinate.

lastly, why are u growing a "southern" melon that far north? nurseries all
across the north should be selling watermelons more suited to our shorter
growing seasons.

I just picked this seed pack because our 6 year old son wanted to pick
it. I didn't realize this variety was meant for warmer climates. It's
been really warm up here lately though.

I think I should have let the watermelons grow a little longer indoors
before transplanting them.

Hopefully this one plant will pull through and produce something.

Thanks for the feedback,
Steve