Old 17-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Tumbleweed

Default Removing algae from concrete path and slabs?

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

Tumbleweed wrote:

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Try brushing one of the spots with neat Jeyes Fluid and I think you

will
have some success.

I think that will cost me about £1000 in Jeyes fluid to clean it all up
though, it would be cheaper to get new paving laid :-)

Its not just that there are thousands of spots, these are what are left
after severe pressure washing, and there is still a coating of algae

there
as well! Maybe its lost cause.

If you can stand the smell just water it all over with dilute Jeyes fluid

on a
sunny day and leave it to dry. It kills algae stone dead - may take a week

or
two but is pretty effective. Don't get it on other green plants.

I'm already subject to many comments about the smell!! (Of the Jeye's fluid
I hasten to add)

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)