Old 23-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Tom Atkinson" wrote in message

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Tom Atkinson" wrote in message
I wonder if Charlie Pridham (or others)
could advise me of the best way to take cuttings of Mandevilla-bottom

heat
?
Tom Atkinson

Well I do use bottom heat although there are frequently many different

ways
of achieving the end result.
I do nodal cuttings discarding the very soft tips and use hormone powder

as
a sealer for the bottoms when first cut to prevent the milky sap leaking

out
as it slows rooting.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

thanks
I have taken some cuttings and have put them in a propagator with bottom
heat. I haven't covered them in any way.
Should I ?
Tom Atkinson

I would keep the humidity up, whether you mist or cover is up to you.