Old 17-11-2002, 03:59 PM
JennyC

Default child friendly climbers

"ellio" wrote in message
hi all

one of our kitchen windows looks directly at next doors wall, approx

2m gap,
what I'd like to do is attach trellis to that wall (I have

permission) for
some sort of climbing plant.

this area gets very little direct sunlight, basically the last

couple of
hours before sunset, but plenty of wind and rain, so I need

something that
can survive in those conditions.

can anyone suggest a suitable climber that's child friendly (ie: no

thorns)
thanks Les

For year round interest you could do worse than a few different
variegated ivy's.
They stay close to the wall and don't grow to 'wild'.

Have a peek at the following for lots of inspiration :
http://www.eastcheam.co.uk/
http://members.tripod.com/~Hatch_L/hede1616.html

You could then hang some pots in among it for extra summer colour.
Jenny