Old 18-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Victoria Clare

Default lisianthus

Roger Van Loon wrote in
:

Victoria Clare wrote:
I notice Thompson and Morgan are offering plants of this in their
'2003 preview' catalogue. I've liked these as cut flowers for a
while, but can find no info on growing them in the UK - they seem to
be only grown as commercial cut flowers.

Does anyone grow these, and what sort of conditions do they like?

Very difficult, never had any success with them, I would not choose
them again.
Even bought as grown plants, they immediately died on me.

Alas!

Since no-one else seems to have tried, I am still tempted to give them a
go, if only so that next time someone makes a posting like this, there can
be 2 of us to post our Awful Warning.

Thanks Roger - I am warned (if bloody-minded).

Victoria