Old 18-11-2002, 04:40 PM
JennyC

Default Newbie to this group - Courtyard Help!

"Sharon Hughes" wrote
Hi Jenny

Thanks for the info and your website - fantastic! Will certainly

give me
something to think about over the winter before I start on the rear
courtyard design - the walls are an awful mess and I have lots of

broken
concrete on the path etc - pretty dreadful really but it has

potential!
(have just spent 4 hrs jet-washing it all down just so it doesn't

look quite
so dank out of my kitchen window!).

Crazy paving in situ then :~))

The trellis that you have used in the walled garden looked

particularly
interesting - was this something that you had made for you or is it
something commonly available over where you are? Certainly looked
interesting and durable.

It's made from concrete reinforcing steel, bent into columns and then
galvanised.
My partner has a cousin who knows a man who knows a man who made it
from offcuts (!) from a building site :~))
The galvanising stops it rusting and it looks a good now as when we
erected it 7 years ago. Its very strong and matches the style of the
house far better than wood would have.

PS: and the name of your rhodi? That red is so striking!
Sharon

I've no idea !
I brought it with me from our last house where I had inherited it with
the garden there.

Jenny