Old 18-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Sean McCabe

Default Garden Kneelers

Mary wrote:
kdupar" wrote in message
without it.

My solution was to get a "grasshopper" (it's made by an American
company, hence the name) that I ordered from a mail order catalogue
five or six years ago. It's a seat (that lifts up with storage space
underneath) on four wheels. I scoot all over the garden and weed in
comfort. I only stand up to weed the back of deep borders, and then I
use a smallish fork on a long handle. It may not be an elegant solution
to the problem of weeding with creaky knees, but it works for me! And,
since you are sitting - not kneeling - you don't have to worry about
"hefty knees".

Sounds great - if youy garden isn't on several levels ... :-(

Mary

Doesn't matter, the thing is light, doesn't roll so well
as to be unsafe, and provides a wide steady platform
from which to weed and plant bulbs and such. It also has a nice little storage
compartment for your gloves,
hand cultivator, trowel, etc. I've used mine on a slope
with no problems.

http://www.kidenergy.com/01-5a00.html

Sean