Old 18-11-2002, 11:11 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default Homework question for college

In article , DaveDay34
writes

Anyway, the answer to your question, simply put, is that it is a light plastic
or fibre fleece that lets light through, and usually water too. It's main
purpose is to act as a cloche and retain heat and is raised bt the plants as
they grow (hence the reference to 'floating').

I hope this helps.

Dave.

I think from my RHS course that that isn't quite right Dave, a web
floating on a plant wouldn't be a mulch surely. Does it not mean
something like growing potatoes where the plant grows through the
film/plastic and hence the mulch is the plastic. A mulch by definition
would be something covering the ground, a covering web would be a sort
of propagator or protector.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph