Old 23-07-2005, 05:58 PM
glenon

Turns out she has
an inordinate sensitivity to mosquito bites
that's apparently gotten worse over the years,
to the point that our next place of residence
will be somewhere in the US where there are
no mosquitoes. This and other health issues
have limited her will as much as her ability
to carry out any gardening plans. (And she
hates DEET.)

Just to let your know, LLBean and several other outdoor stores (EMS, REI,
etc) are carrying "Buzz-Off" clothing that is treated with a natural
substance derived from pyrethrins. Lasts through 25 washings and than you
can spray it with the same stuff for 6 more weeks with each spray treatment.
We used this on our vacation up to Vermont and it worked extremely well! I
am bugged by bugs all the time, especially the biting type! Look for this
clothing - this is not an ad, just something to help us poor gardeners who
get bugged all the time!

--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure