Old 19-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Grahame Fendle

Default using an angle-grinder to cut down live Leylandii

"dave @ stejonda" wrote:

I have an urgent need to decrease to ~7ft a line of Leylandii along one
edge of my garden. Using a handsaw is good for me but takes too long. I
am not prepared to spend money on a chainsaw for this single use. What
would be the issues in using an angle-grinder? The sap is obviously
relatively viscous and non-seepy at the moment so I wouldn't expect
catching from that to be a problem. The maximum trunk diameter is
probably 3". What do folks think?

What Nick said. Bow saw is by far the easiest, and I'd be worried about an
angle-grider jamming.