Old 23-07-2005, 03:53 PM
cineman

"Cherry" wrote in message

My Dad lives next door to me and has a beautiful garden. I have just
done mine. New patio. new tree at the bottom and some turf layed
yesterday. He cut a border in for me and I am currently adding plants
that I had in pots from last year....however.... I am pebble mad
started by my children collecting them for me and now I have millions
which I saved from my old garden in order to put in my new garden. I
don`t like soil, to look at anyway and had planned on covering the
border after planting so that the soil was covered as I have done in my
front garden.

Problem being...Dad says no!

Will it harm my plants?

Why not, it will look pretty.

Yes I am an amateur, but I do enjoy my garden so and had it all mapped
out it my head...any advice would be grately received.

Hi,
before laying out pebbles place a weed proof membrane down this will let
water through but keep weeds down and will keep pebbles cleaner.
This will act as a mulch and reduce need for watering so you are becoming
ecologically aware, ( and saving time and effort but dont tell any one about
that)

regards
Cineman

--