Old 24-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Dave Allyn

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:07:01 -0400, ~patches~
wrote:

John Savage wrote:

Stuart Naylor writes:

Before I allow my dogs supervised access to my front yard I first have
to check that there is nobody there stealing tomatoes etc. otherwise
I'm liable for injury should my dogs bite the critters.

But surely the "Warning: Guard Dog on Premises" sign on your front gate
absolves you from responsibility for dogbite injury to trespassers?

Here (Canada) such a sign admits liability. Both insurance companies
and police tell you not to use these types of signs. No tresspassing or
private property signs are encouraged.

Same here (Illinois) Haveing such a sign means you know you have a
dangerous dog(s). Same as Beware of Dog signs. Not having a sign
gives you plausable deniablity. "Gee, I didn't know he was dangerous.
He has never done this before! What was the guy doing in my bathroom
anyway?"

email: dallyn_spam at yahoo dot com
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!